- Where can I find the latest version of TW Blue?
- How often are new versions released?
- After updating TW Blue, the application fails to start. What do I do?
- I have another Twitter client that also has an invisible interface. Can I use it at the same time as TW Blue’s invisible interface?
- How can I force TW Blue to update timeline buffers?
- Can I use the translation function of TW Blue to communicate with people in other countries
- Can I use more than one Twitter account with TW Blue?
- I have an API key for Sndup but my audio files will not upload, even though I put it in the configuration dialog. Why?
- I would like to help with the TW Blue project. How can I get involved?
Where can I find the latest version of TW Blue?
The latest version of TW Blue can always be downloaded from our download page. You will be able to download the appropriate version for your architecture (either 32 or 64-bit). Keep in mind that the program checks for new versions automatically; so if you already have it installed, you will be notified when a new version is available. It is recommended that the automatic update process be used as installing new versions is as simple as pressing “Yes” in the update notification dialog. The program will then download the new version and install it automatically.
How often are new versions released?
At the start of TW Blue’s development, a new version of the program was released every Saturday. Fortunately, however, the project has grown but this also means that the code has become more complex. This has made it impossible to continue releasing new versions weekly and, at this point in time, there is no fixed release schedule. We wish to insure that all new features work as intended upon release and that there are no unexpected errors. You can follow our Twitter account @tw_blue2 and we will let you know as soon as a new version is available. Also, your installed copy of TW Blue will notify you.
After updating TW Blue, the application fails to start. What do I do?
If TW Blue fails to run after an update, please try the following:
- Download the new version again from the web site.
- Unzip the newly downloaded version in a folder that has no accent marks in its name. This folder should also be empty and separate from the one containing the version of TW Blue that is not working.
- Next, copy the config folder from the version that is not working into the folder containing the fresh copy.
- Now, try to start the program.
- If it still won’t run, delete the config folder and repeat the process. The client will ask you to authorize through the Twitter web site.
- If all else fails, please file a bug report and include the content of the following files: logs/tracebacks.log, logs/debug.log and logs/error.log.
I have another Twitter client that also has an invisible interface. Can I use it at the same time as TW Blue’s invisible interface?
No. Due to the fact that some characteristics of these programs are the same, this is impossible. If you were to attempt doing this, the keystrokes of the second invisible client will superceed those of the first. The first client will become unusable and you will have to kill its process.
How can I force TW Blue to update timeline buffers?
the short answer is that you can’t. The more complicated answer is that TW Blue works differently than other Twitter clients, which retrieve new tweets periodically.
When you start TW Blue, all tweets will be downloaded and the program will say, “Ready” as well as play a sound when it is done. From this point onward, as soon as a tweet, mention, direct message or follow request comes to your account, it will be recognized immediately by TW Blue. If, however, the connection is dropped, TW Blue will reconnect to Twitter and download all tweets that were missed as soon as a connection to the internet is available again. All events are handled in realtime, so there is no need to force an update.
Can I use the translation function of TW Blue to communicate with people in other countries?
No. Translation is handled by Google Translate which itself states that a machine translation will never match the accuracy of that produced by a human translator. Of course, the final decision rests with the user. If you feel that Google Translate is sufficient for what you are trying to accomplish, then by all means use it.
Can I use more than one Twitter account with TW Blue?
This is currently not supported. You can, however, install a separate copy of TW Blue into a different folder and configure it to use your other Twitter client. You will then have two instances of the program running, with a window for each. Keep in mind, though, that you can only activate invisible mode on one of these instances. Also, to avoid confusion between applications, insure that no other program is running that uses the same keystrokes as TW Blue’s invisibility mode.
I have an API key for Sndup which I have entered in TW Blue’s preferences dialog, but my audio files still won’t upload. Why?
Please check the following:
- TW Blue can attach files anonymously.
- Make sure that the API key in TW Blue’s preferences dialog is exactly the same as the one in your profile at SndUp. Double check that you haven’t left any spaces or newline characters in the key by mistake.
If you’ve followed the above suggestions and are still encountering problems, please report it through the “Report an error” option in the Help menu.
I would like to help with the TW Blue project. How can I get involved?
If you enjoy using TW Blue and you’d like to help make it better, there are many things you can do. Any help you can offer is welcome. Here are a few ways in which you can help with the development of TW Blue:
- Report all errors that you find with the behavior of the application under your specific platform. This can be done using the “Report an error” option in the help menu. Please provide contact details so that we can follow up for more specific information about the error.
- Also, donations of any amount are welcome and can be made through our donation page. This will help us focus more time and effort into development of TW Blue.
- If you like the application, you can also help out by recommending it to your friends and others through your social networks.
- If you maintain a web site or blog, it would be fantastic if you could spread the word by writing about the program. Ideas and constructive criticism are accepted with open arms.
- If you are proficient in other languages and would like to help make TW Blue available to more people throughout the world, please contact us at email@example.com to submit your translation.
- If you can program in Python and WX Python or any other programming languages and you are interested in contributing to the development of TW Blue, get in touch with us to see what we can work out.